Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
» Group Sales Account Executive - Stockton Ports (Stockton, CA)
» Corporate Sales and Marketing Manager - Stockton Ports (Stockton, CA)
» Ticketing Coordinator - Visalia Rawhide (Visalia, CA)
HWS Baseball, the owners and operators of the Modesto Nuts, Mobile BayBears and Mahoning Valley Scrappers are looking for entry-level sales and customer services executives for the Modesto and Mobile franchises. Please indicate which location you prefer in your application.
The Modesto Nuts and Mobile BayBears are seeking energetic candidates looking to gain valuable customer service and ticket sales experience in professional sports. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the necessary skills to be successful in the sports industry. We will provide training, mentoring and a fun atmosphere. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, eager to learn and comfortable speaking in public (on the phone and in-person). Successful candidates will have the opportunity to grow within the company.
1) Client Retention - conducting post-experience guest surveys.
2) Ticket Sales - generate revenue by selling pre-determined ticket packages via phone and in person.
3) Ticket Operations - work in the box office both during the day and during games.
Successful candidates must:
1) Possess a friendly and professional attitude in person and over the phone.
2) Strong verbal and listening skills
3) Desire to learn customer service and sales skills.
4) Works well individually and in a team environment.
5) Ability to work a flexible schedule (nights and weekends required).
This is a part-time hourly position with an additional opportunity to earn commission via contracted ticket sales.
Candidates should expect to work approximately 28 hours per week in Modesto.
Candidates should expect to work between 25 - 40 hours per week in Mobile.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available to work nights/weekends?
2. Are you interested in a great career opportunity?
404 West Fremont Street
Stockton, CA 95203
7th Inning Stretch, headed by C.E.O. Tom Volpe and President Pat Filippone, is recognized as one of the leading sports ownership firms in the country. Currently, 7th Inning Stretch owns and operates the Stockton Ports, Single-A Affiliate of the Oakland A’s, in the California League, the Delmarva Shorebirds, Single-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles in the South Atlantic League and the Everett AquaSox, Single-A Short Season Affiliate of the Seattle Mariners in the Northwest League. The Stockton Ports play at Banner Island Ballpark, a recently constructed downtown venue that has been praised for being one of the most cutting-edge ballparks in the country. 7th Inning stretch prides itself on building a stronger community, furthering the careers of its employees and creating a superior product both on and off the field.
Group Sales Account Executive
Start Date: January 2015
This position will work under and report to: Director of Group Sales
The Group Sales Account Executive position requires an individual who is a self starter and can work in a fast paced environment. This individual must have a strong desire to cold call, attend sales meeting out of the office and cultivate new relationships from scratch, as well as maintain a high level of customer service with all clients. This position creates relationships over the phone, on meetings and during outside networking events.
• Contribute to the team growth in group ticket sales through group outings, picnics, and fundraisers.
• This position will spend 50% or greater of their time in an outside sales capacity meeting with prospective/renewal clients, attending networking events and giving ballpark tours prospective/renewal clients.
• Prospecting new customers, and maintaining solid relationships with current clients for renewal sales
• Meeting or exceeding weekly and seasonal sales goals
• Efficiently cold calling new potential prospects and consistently converting new prospects into clients
• Providing quality, professional customer service to new and existing accounts
• Conducting outside appointments with prospective clients
• Staffing ticket sales tables at outside events
• Cultivating relationships with current clients for referral leads
• Creatively developing new ways to boost attendance of the team
• Other duties as necessary
• Update the CRM system with call and meeting logs
• Complete and turn in weekly sales activity sheets
• Create and execute sales contracts through the company’s sales contract system
• Manage contracts to insure all element are being executed, processed and customer payments are being made per the contract
• Provide input and ideas on developing the teams promotional schedule, ticket sales theme nights and other areas of significance in the operation
Game Day Responsibilities:
• Operate and oversee Merchandise Store on Game Days in terms of game day sales, part-time staff, sales reports, and inventory reports.
• This position will direct the work of 2 or more game day employees in a particular game day area.
• This position will be involved or make recommendations as to hiring, firing, or change in employee status for the game day employees that you oversee
• Develop assigned game day employee schedules, manage labor hours and direct those employees to ensure the company objectives for the business are being met.
• Handle issues in the stands on game days to insure our guests have an enjoyable experience
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience is required
• Strong communication, listening skills, leadership qualities, planning and organizational skills
• Energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to take initiative and use independent judgment
• Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude at all times
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule (evenings and weekends)
• Experience with Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements: Extended hours of work between the months of March to September. Candidate must have the ability to handle stress in a fast paced environment.
Competitive Pay - Based on experience. Commission and bonus program based on direct sales efforts and department success. Health/Dental Insurance after first 60 days and 401K with company matching program.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you plan on attending the Winter Meetings?
Job Title: Corporate Sales and Marketing Manager
Start Date: November/December 2014
Position Summary: This individual will play a vital role in the success of the Stockton Ports Corporate Sales and Marketing Departments. This person will be responsible for direct sales efforts primarily focused on selling Sponsorship Inventory for the team. In addition to direct sales, this person will also help coordinate various Corporate Sales functions. This person will also help oversee the Ports marketing efforts, both internally as well as working with an outside advertising agency.
1. Help generate revenue through the sale of Sponsorship packages via cold calls and/or face to face contacts.
2. Prospecting new sponsorship leads.
3. Provide excellent customer service to new and existing clients.
4. Fulfill and maintain an assigned, traceable minimum standard in personal sales efforts.
5. Coordinate the Ports marketing efforts (internal and through Advertising Agency).
6. Play a key role in designing the team’s promotional calendar.
7. Some creative design with respect to proposals, marketing collateral, etc.
8. Assist Director of Corporate Partnerships and Executive Vice President with client services needs.
9. Responsible for weekly Corporate Sales reports and maintaining team’s CRM system.
10. Ordering of giveaway items.
11. Ensure sponsorship fulfillment on game days to include activation, photography, etc.
12. Assisting with development of website and social media content.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associate's degree plus two years full-time directly related work experience.
2. Two years of experience in some aspect of Sponsorship Sales and Service for a professional sports team or equivalent industry.
3. A proven track record of sales success.
4. Experience / knowledge of marketing successful events via traditional marketing, social media and grassroots marketing.
5. Ability to work with aggressive sales goals and expectations in a fast-paced environment.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office and associated products. Experience in design programs a plus.
7. Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework.
8. Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
9. Strong planning and organizational skills.
10. Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
11. Ability to maintain a professional business image.
12. The ability and desire to work long hours.
Competitive pay, based on experience. Commissions based on results of direct sales efforts. Individual and team performance bonuses. Health and Dental care coverage. 401k with employer match.
- Managing Ticketing System: Expert on TicketReturn and/or Glitnir software which includes setting up the upcoming season, different ticket packages, individual tickets, and ticket stock design layout (both season ticket books and individual tickets). Also includes running periodical reports to assist staff with their ticketing clients (ie: ticket usage rate of business clients, group outing or fundraiser tickets redeemed).
- Sales and Client Servicing: Develop relationships with our season ticket holders, local businesses and organizations, propose & sell sponsorship/ticket packages that best suit the organization’s needs: includes client servicing and follow through.
- Ordering ticket stock and season ticket books which includes collecting the necessary files and images from the sales rep, business (in regards to ticket back sponsors), and/or Rawhide graphics person.
- Season Ticket Holder Rewards: Oversee planning & execution of six “Membership Events” each year for season ticket holders, and possible special invitations (select sponsors, ballclub volunteers, etc.).
- Promotions: Oversee the Promotional Calendar, sales & sponsorship elements of each promotion, and how the promotions are chosen, as well as the internal marketing of each promotion. Research other teams ticket packages, prices, and promotions.
Additional In-Season Responsibilities
- Selling in-season ticket packages and group outings.
- Box Office Manager Day-of-game management of the ticket office. Schedule, train, and manage ticket window and gate scanner game-day staff, which entails informing staff of ticket promotions/discounts (ex. ½ off for wearing red) and seat availability (ex. Toyota Terrace is booked). Make sure game-day staff are performing their jobs to the standards of the Rawhide organization. Taking phone orders for individual tickets, managing web sales, having will call tickets printed and organized, printing meal & ticket vouchers, exchanging tickets on a case by case basis, answer questions/troubleshoot and reconciling accounting for each game.
- Ticket Holder Email Newsletters: You’ll have the responsibility of putting together an email newsletter (using the current template) prior to each Homestand which communicates any promotional information, fun team/player bits of info, team standings, and other elements that need to be communicated (ie: ticket plan renewal information).
- Team Relations: Post “Pass List” for players on both teams, and process their requests before the gates open.
- Fan Relations: Greet fans, ensuring they are having a fun experience. Meet and greet potential clients at games.
- Promotions: Continue to work closely with staff to ensure each promotion is executed with every detail, sponsor is properly involved, etc.
Requirements: College graduate, computer system interest & knowlege, excellent customer service skills
Suggested: experience with Ticket Return specifically, or other ticketing software
Next Step: Please email your resume and a list of 3-4 references (including email addresses) to Charlie@rawhidebaseball.com. No need to follow-up on your resume submission. You will be contacted to schedule an interview, or let you know the status of this job opportunity.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ