Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
Ownership: The Elmore Sports Group Ltd. - Colorado Sky Sox (AAA), San Antonio Missions (AA), Inland Empire 66ers (A), Eugene Emeralds (Rookie), Helena Brewers (Rookie), Idaho Falls Chukars (Rookie), Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)
Position: Director of Promotions
Description: The Director of Promotions is responsible for creating the promotional event schedule as well as generating an excellent in-game atmosphere for 66ers fans. The Director of Promotions is responsible for maintaining relationships with promotional vendors and the billing process associated with said vendors. This individual will manage, supervise and coordinate all the activities of the promotions department to reach budget goals and generate revenue for the facility. The Director of Promotions will also be responsible for the production of content and maintenance of the team’s website. This individual will work in tandem with top team executives to develop, execute the club’s promotional events, and report directly to the General Manager.
This Director of Promotions who will also be responsible for generating new business revenue with local and regional companies through the integrated packaging of Inland Empire 66ers assets in the areas of web, signage, publications, promotions, and hospitality. The candidate will also be responsible for the overall management of several existing corporate partnerships including the development of new revenue opportunities, creating value added opportunities, and mutually beneficial market activation programs.
- Ensure the development and implementation of the team’s promotional schedule
- Successfully manage all promotional budgets
- Manage gameday promotional staff
- Secure advertising deals and oversee implementation
- Coordination, production, and maintenance of team’s website
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and make decisions in support of organizational objectives
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with contacts and co-workers
- Work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, days, evenings, holidays, extended (long) workdays for an extended number of days as needed
- Liaise with promoters to market the facility
- Negotiate and maintain promotional partnerships with corporate partners
- Track, analyze, compare event sales information and project trends
- Manage event settlement packets, including collecting invoices and affidavits, coding and creating a back-up packet
- Develop collateral, including fliers, newsletters, websites, posters, postcards and email blasts
- Manage day-to-day promotions and event activities
- Work directly with promoters for upcoming events to ensure success and customer satisfaction
- Mentor staff in the department to assist in their development
- Perform all other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, public relations, business administration or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing required, preferably with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility
- Knowledge of advertising/sponsorship program development
- Knowledge of website maintenance
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, PowerPoint and Internet software
- Proficiency with publishing software such as Adobe In-Design, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Have you earned a Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, public relations, business administration or other related field?
2. Do you have 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or promotions with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility?
3. To be considered, please list your salary requirements.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ