Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
» Ticket Services Representative - San Jose Giants (San Jose, CA)
» Outside Sales Corporate Account Executive - Stockton Ports (Stockton, CA)
» Group Sales Manager - Stockton Ports Baseball Club (Stockton, CA)
The Lancaster Jethawks, California League affiliate of the Houston Astros are
looking for a highly motivated professional to join our experienced team
Job Title: Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Start Date: January, 2015
Position Summary: This individual will play a key role in generating revenue for the team
primarily through both group and season ticket sales. Additionally, this person will oversee the
execution and fulfillment of all sponsorship agreements and marketing programs.
• Contribute to the ticket sales success of the ballclub via cold calls and face to face
• Coordinate and execute team marketing programs
• Coordinate and execute a comprehensive social media strategy for the Jethawks
• Develop and implement a high level customer service program designed to support the
team’s ticket holders and sponsors
• Coordinate communications amongst the team and its clients
• Responsible for ensuring the execution of all in-game sponsorship elements
• Develop comprehensive end of the year Proof of Performance reports for corporate
• Use creativity to help enhance the overall fan experience
Essential Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
• The desire and willingness to succeed in Ticket Sales
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Strong knowledge and work history that shows exceptional computer skills.
• Highly energetic personality and the ability to work in a fast-paced team oriented
• Supreme organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients
• Overall desire to build a successful career in Professional Sports
• College degree in a related field or comparable real-world work experience
• 1-2 years of prior experience in the sports and entertainment field preferred
• Ability and desire to work long/un-conventional hours
• Competitive salary, based on experience
• Commission and bonus opportunities tied to direct sales efforts
• Competitive benefit package
The San Jose Giants seek an aggressive, competitive, professional, self-starting individual who will be responsible for assisting with the ticket office operations during the season. Manage printing and distribution of both season and individual game tickets. Event setup and management of ticket inventory. Work with finance department for daily sales reports and balancing. Maintain database and facilitate all communication with season ticket clients. Ensure that the Box Office is run in an efficient manner. Prospect and make cold calls to local companies and organizations to set up appointments to sell San Jose Giants ticket packages. Attend community events. Provide superior customer service to clients including existing ticket holders, new prospects, and single game customers.
Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent training & experience, have excellent communication skills, be customer service-oriented, have exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, professionalism, and a passion for sales. Previous TicketReturn experience is preferred. This is a seasonal position (March-September).
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you live in San Jose? (Yes/No)
2. Do you have previous ticket sales experience in the sports industry? (Yes/No)
Responsible for sales of Stockton Ports inventory, including:
- Corporate Partnerships
- Full Season Tickets
- Premium Seating
- Group Ticket Packages
- Team Events
- Other sales packages as developed
- Generating sales through cold calling, networking, and appointment setting
- Be an ambassador of Stockton Ports brand throughout Central Valley of California
- Meet and exceed established sales objectives
- Spend a majority of the time (at minimum, 50%) outside the office meeting with businesses, non-profit and other business to business opportunities.
- Learn and become functional in established CRM system
- Provide excellent customer service to all accounts
- Other duties as determined by the Director of Corporate Partnerships
- 5 year of sales experience required; Sports industry preferred
- Exceptional prospecting, presentation and selling skills
- Experience calling on major accounts and C level executives
- Extensive contacts in the Stockton business community or ability to generate contacts in a short time frame
- Team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High comfort level making cold calls and walk in appointments
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Have a proficient knowledge of computers
- Knowledge of CRM systems preferred
- Coachable with desire to learn more in an effort to make an impact with the team
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Sports Management, or related field
- Commission based position
7th Inning Stretch, headed by C.E.O. Tom Volpe and President Pat Filippone, is recognized as one of the leading sports ownership firms in the country. Currently, 7th Inning Stretch owns and operates the Stockton Ports, Single-A Affiliate of the Oakland A’s, in the California League, the Delmarva Shorebirds, Single-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles in the South Atlantic League and the Everett AquaSox, Single-A Short Season Affiliate of the Seattle Mariners in the Northwest League. The Stockton Ports play at Banner Island Ballpark, a recently constructed downtown venue that has been praised for being one of the most cutting-edge ballparks in the country. 7th Inning stretch prides itself on building a stronger community, furthering the careers of its employees and creating a superior product both on and off the field.
Group Sales Manager
Start Date: March 1, 2015
This position will work under and report to: Director of Tickets
The Group Sales Manager position requires an individual who is a self starter and can work in a fast paced environment. This individual must have a strong desire to cold call, attend sales meeting out of the office and cultivate new relationships from scratch, as well as maintain a high level of customer service with all clients. This position creates relationships over the phone, on meetings and during outside networking events.
• Generate revenue selling season ticket packages and group outings
• Contribute to the team growth in group ticket sales through group outings, picnics, and fundraisers.
• Manage the overall team group sales effort including new and renewal sales Prospecting new customers, and maintaining solid relationships with current clients for renewal sales
• Meeting or exceeding weekly and seasonal sales goals
• Efficiently cold calling new potential prospects and consistently converting new prospects into clients
• Providing quality, professional customer service to new and existing accounts
• Conducting outside appointments with prospective clients
• Cultivating relationships with current clients for referral leads
• Creatively developing new ways to boost attendance of the team
• Other duties as necessary
• Provide accurate and timely reports regarding daily and weekly ticket sales, process daily deposits
• Handle ticket printing for the Group Sales department
• Update the CRM system with call and meeting logs
• Manage contracts to insure all element are being executed, processed and customer payments are being made per the contract
• Provide input and ideas on developing the teams promotional schedule, ticket sales theme nights and other areas of significance in the operation
Game Day Responsibilities:
• Oversee the group hospitality area during games or merchandise store
• This position will direct the work of 2 or more game day employees in a particular game day area.
• This position will be involved or make recommendations as to hiring, firing, or change in employee status for the game day employees that you oversee
• Develop assigned game day employee schedules, manage labor hours and direct those employees to ensure the company objectives for the business are being met.
• Handle issues in the stands on game days to insure our guests have an enjoyable experience
• At least one year groups sales experience
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience is required
• Strong communication, listening skills, leadership qualities, planning and organizational skills
• Energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to take initiative and use independent judgment
• Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude at all times
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule (evenings and weekends)
• Experience with Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements: Extended hours of work between the months of March to September. Candidate must have the ability to handle stress in a fast paced environment.
Competitive Pay - Based on experience. Commission and bonus program based on direct sales efforts and department success. Health/Dental Insurance after first 60 days and 401K with company matching program.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have at least 1 year of Group Sales experience?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ