Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
Ownership: The Elmore Sports Group Ltd. - Colorado Sky Sox (AAA), San Antonio Missions (AA), Inland Empire 66ers (A), Eugene Emeralds (Rookie), Helena Brewers (Rookie), Idaho Falls Chukars (Rookie), Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)
Position: Director of Marketing & Corporate Sales Manager
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the promotion of 66ers Baseball and other outside events at San Manuel Stadium, while developing creative marketing campaigns that promote public/community awareness. The Director or Marketing is responsible for maintaining relationships with media partners, and ensuring fulfillment of contracts while overseeing the media buying and billing process. This individual will manage, supervise and coordinate all the activities of the Marketing department to reach budget goals and generate revenue for the facility. The Director of Marketing will implement marketing plans, manage event advertising budgets to ensure successful sales for events. This individual will work in tandem with top team executives to develop, execute the club’s marketing plan, and report directly to the General Manager.
This individual who will also be responsible for generating new business revenue with local and regional companies through the integrated packaging of Inland Empire 66ers assets in the areas of web, signage, publications, promotions, and hospitality. The candidate will also be responsible for the overall management of several existing corporate partnerships including the development of new revenue opportunities, creating value added opportunities, and mutually beneficial market activation programs.
• Ensure the development, implementation and reconciliation of comprehensive marketing and advertising/sponsorship opportunities
• Coordination of social media marketing and public relations. Such as, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website, Applications, and Email Blasts.
• Plan, organize, lead and control public relations efforts for the facility.
• Negotiate advertising and media-related sponsorship agreements successfully.
• Develop, edit and issue press releases
• Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and make decisions in support of organizational objectives
• Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
• Establish and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with contacts and co-workers
• Work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, days, evenings, holidays, extended (long) workdays for an extended number of days as needed
• Explore non-traditional marketing opportunities for the facility and its events
• Create, prepare and implement advertising and promotional plans for booked events
• Develop, monitor and evaluate annual marketing budget; set and manage achievement of department objectives
• Liaise with promoters to market the facility
• Negotiate and maintain promotional partnerships with corporate partners
• Develop, direct, coordinate, and review the strategic plan for providing marketing services
• Plan and negotiate all paid TV, radio, print and outdoor advertising for various marketing campaigns
• Communicate daily with media partners, promoters and entertainment agencies to maintain cooperative, positive relationships
• Track, analyze, compare event sales information and project trends
• Manage event settlement packets, including collecting invoices and affidavits, coding and creating a back-up packet
• Develop collateral, including fliers, newsletters, websites, posters, postcards and email blasts
• Manage day-to-day promotions and event activities
• Work directly with promoters for upcoming events to ensure success and customer satisfaction
• Plan meetings to negotiate and research advertising mediums
• Secure advertising deals and oversee implementation
• Coordinate team efforts with other departments to implement marketing ideas/tasks
• Oversee grassroots program and collateral created
• Maintain and monitor a solid media relations program, including the creation of media releases and the coordination of interviews and media requests for information on the event, facility or staff
• Create marketing plans for events being promoted at the facility in conjunction with a promoter, or on behalf of the facility
• Mentor staff in the department to assist in their development
• Perform all other duties as required
• Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, public relations, business administration or other related field
• Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing required, preferably with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility
• Knowledge of marketing and advertising/sponsorship program development
• Knowledge of public relations
• Knowledge of website maintenance
• Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, PowerPoint and Internet software
• Proficiency with publishing software such as Adobe In-Design, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
• Proficiency with media buying and promotions
• Ability to travel as required
• Ability to work nights and weekends as required
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Have you earned a Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, public relations, business administration or other related field?
2. Do you have 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility?
3. To be considered, please list your salary requirements.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ