» Future Notification Only - California League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
The San Jose Giants are seeking a motivated and driven individual to fill the role of Head Groundskeeper at Municipal Stadium in San Jose, CA. The Head Groundskeeper will report to the Vice President of Ballpark Operations performing in areas such as, but not limited to: Infield skin maintenance, mound, home plate and bullpen, sod work, fertilization, pest management, and water removal/tarp crew during inclement weather. Job requires working all San Jose Giants home games and field maintenance when team is away. Job also requires field management during non San Jose Giant events. The Head Groundskeeper will manage part time grounds crew to assist with field related work.
- Lawn maintenance including but not limited to: Raking, mowing, fertilizing, edging, and sod work.
- Prep field for game day use including painting lines and logos, rebuilding of the mound and bullpens, and dragging the infield / outfield.
- Design and implement short and long term Field Maintenance Plan noting daily updates and observations.
- Monitor local weather and assist in tarp situations.
- Assist Vice President of Ballpark Operations as needed; Basic maintenance and care of mowers and other equipment.
- Maintain parameters of a yearly budget and give input as necessary.
- Manage and maintain a professional playing surface and flexibility to accept additional game responsibilities.
- Hire, manage, schedule, and train seasonal grounds crew.
- Participate in field walkthroughs with upper management during team road trips.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and update full time staff members of field conditions.
- Candidates should have previous lawn maintenance experience or related education.
- Experience / knowledge of the sports industry is preferred.
- Individual must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Up to 85% of schedule can be physical work with routine exposure to extreme temperatures (hot and cold), dust and airborne particles
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the California League and its Teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ