» Future Notification Only - California League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
The Lancaster JetHawks, the California League Affiliate of the Houston Astros, are looking for a highly motivated, organized, responsible and detail-oriented individual to serve as a Broadcasting/Media Assistant for the 2016 season.
Supervisor: Director of Broadcasting & Media Relations
Starts: Late March
Ends: Mid September
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Writing game recaps, press releases and feature stories for website and other team-related publications
- Assist with social media efforts across all platforms
- Assist with all media relations efforts including production of game notes, distribution of media credentials and accommodating interview requests
- Assist in updating and maintaining team website
- Production and distribution of daily stat packs and starting lineups
- Assist in maintaining and organizing press box to ensure a comfortable work environment
- Three innings of play-by-play during all home games and responsibilities during pre/post game shows
o On-air responsibilities may vary based on talent and previous experience
- Possess deep knowledge and understanding of baseball
- Have ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate strong writing skills and knowledge of AP Style
- Be proficient in all relevant word processing programs
- Knowledge of Photoshop and audio/video editing programs is a plus
- Possess strong work ethic, work well with others and be punctual/reliable
Submissions should include:
- Cover letter/Resume
- Writing samples (feature story, game recap, press release, etc.)
- Any other relevant materials that help showcase your qualifications
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the California League and its Teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ