» Clubhouse Manager - Lancaster Jethawks (Lancaster, CA)
» Sales & Marketing Coordinator - Lancaster Jethawks (Lancaster, CA)
» Future Notification Only - California League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
2015 Internship Opportunities
The Lancaster Jethawks – California League affiliate of the Houston Astros are looking for qualified Interns for the 2015 baseball season. Each season interns play a vital role in the success of our operation. By interning with the Jethawks students will have the opportunity to learn first hand what goes into running a professional sports team.
Throughout the summer interns will have the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas of our operation:
- Ticket and Group Sales
- - Cold calling and face to face meetings
- - Customer service and account management
- Community Relations
- - Community events and appearances
- - Promoting the team throughout the Antelope Valley
o Gameday Operations
- - Event and ballpark setup
- - Assisting in creation of a world-class game day experience
Internships will run from February 1 – September 7, 2015
Qualified candidates should posses the following attributes:
- Strong work ethic and a desire to learn
- High-energy and willingness to get involved in multiple areas
- A positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Desire to pursue a career in Sports Management
The ideal applicant should be a recent graduate or college senior. Opportunity to earn college credit if applicable. Interns will be paid hourly averaging 30-40 hours per week. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to earn commission on their direct sales efforts. Housing to be provided by the team.
LANCASTER JETHAWKS PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL CLUB
Title: Clubhouse Manager
The Clubhouse Manager Will:
Perform all duties pertaining to the JetHawks, visitor’s and umpire’s clubhouses at The Hangar. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Cleaning of all clubhouses; JetHawks, Visitor’s and Umpires including vacuuming, cleaning of bathrooms and showers, picking up and organizing equipment, taking out trash, replenishing all bathroom and shower essentials, organizing and cleaning trainer’s room, organizing and cleaning manager’s office, organizing and cleaning the JetHawks workout room and trainer’s area.
· Organizing and cleaning both dugouts and getting equipment ready for batting practice and each game, which includes but is not limited to: getting game balls to the umpire room, getting game bats ready, getting batting practice and game uniforms ready and hanging in each locker.
- Doing all of the JetHawks laundry during and after all home games, stay-over and commuter road trips, which includes but is not limited to: towels, uniforms and uniform accessories.
- Handle the disbursement of team-issued equipment upon player arrival and also throughout the season. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assigning all uniform components and locker space to each player upon arrival to Lancaster.
- Replenishing bats and other necessary equipment to players when needed throughout season.
- Recovering all equipment upon player’s departure from Lancaster and final check out of players upon departure from Lancaster.
- Presenting an accurate and up-to-date inventory of all equipment to the General Manager and Director of Facility and Baseball Operations when requested.
- Purchase and prepare all meals for the JetHawks players and staff before and after all home games. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring Pre and Post game spreads and snack items are available in the clubhouse area before every home and road game.
- By coordinating with the Director of Facility & Baseball Operations, ensure that a team meal is arranged to be catered to the home clubhouse after every home game or a meal is available in the clubhouse after every home game.
- Preparing and organizing food items for the Umpire’s before game time and ensuring that a meal is available to them after the game, provided by the JetHawks, per MiLB guidelines.
- The Clubhouse Manager will be in charge of preparing the team for all road trips, which includes ensuring all equipment is accounted for and ready.
- With the Director of Facility & Baseball Operations, assist in the supervision of all batboys, which includes but is not limited to, the scheduling of work time and oversight of all batboy duties, ensuring compliance with employment laws.
The Lancaster Jethawks, California League affiliate of the Houston Astros are
looking for a highly motivated professional to join our experienced team
Job Title: Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Start Date: January, 2015
Position Summary: This individual will play a key role in generating revenue for the team
primarily through both group and season ticket sales. Additionally, this person will oversee the
execution and fulfillment of all sponsorship agreements and marketing programs.
• Contribute to the ticket sales success of the ballclub via cold calls and face to face
• Coordinate and execute team marketing programs
• Coordinate and execute a comprehensive social media strategy for the Jethawks
• Develop and implement a high level customer service program designed to support the
team’s ticket holders and sponsors
• Coordinate communications amongst the team and its clients
• Responsible for ensuring the execution of all in-game sponsorship elements
• Develop comprehensive end of the year Proof of Performance reports for corporate
• Use creativity to help enhance the overall fan experience
Essential Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
• The desire and willingness to succeed in Ticket Sales
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Strong knowledge and work history that shows exceptional computer skills.
• Highly energetic personality and the ability to work in a fast-paced team oriented
• Supreme organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients
• Overall desire to build a successful career in Professional Sports
• College degree in a related field or comparable real-world work experience
• 1-2 years of prior experience in the sports and entertainment field preferred
• Ability and desire to work long/un-conventional hours
• Competitive salary, based on experience
• Commission and bonus opportunities tied to direct sales efforts
• Competitive benefit package
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the California League and its Teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ