Current available jobs that best match lancaster:
» Future Notification Only - California League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
2014 LANCASTER JETHAWKS PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL CLUB POSITION DESCRIPTION
Title: Food & Beverage Internship
What Will Be Learned: The successful candidate will utilize and strengthen time management and organizational skills. Communication skills will also be enhanced through working with co-workers and developing events. The experience of working in a professional customer service driven environment will help the candidate in his or her future career. Spending a season as part of the JetHawks organization will be great experience for any individual who wants to excel in a business environment. The successful candidate will also gain experience in a multitude of faced paced food and beverage areas from concessions to high end catering.
Position in the corporate structure: The Food and Beverage Intern will report directly to the Director of Food & Beverage and will assist in the oversight and supervision of all seasonal food & beverage game day staff.
Food & Beverage Duties:
1) Assist in the enhancement of the image of the JetHawks concessions operation, including improving service, efficiency, image, etc. This could include product pricing, improving customer service, naming the in-stadium stands, as well as many other issues.
2) Oversee and coordinate the BBQ Area & Club Section Service (including set-up and food) with the JetHawks sales staff.
3) Assist in inventory control of all concession supplies, including aiding in ordering of new supplies, equipment, and food. Complete and track pre-season inventory sheets, game sheets and post-season sheets.
4) Assist in the hiring and training of game-day concession workers. Assist in the oversight of all concessions management and all concession workers and stadium employees, which includes tracking of hours/pay, customer service updates, and scheduling.
5) Help reduce employee and operations costs by keeping daily waste and comp sheets.
6) Along with the Director of Food & Beverage, research and implement new concession ideas, including but not limited to: new food items, new food stands, and pricing.
7) Assist in controlling costs & expenses for employees, food & other expenses.
8) Assist in implementation of new Point of Sale System
9) Assist the Director of Food & Beverage in leading the pre-game customer service and information meeting with the game day staff.
10) Game day duties include preparing stands, kitchen, BBQ area and daily management clip boards.
11) Take part in community events as a representative of the Lancaster JetHawks.
12) Maintain an extraordinary attention to detail and excellent time management skills, which are an absolute requirement to acceptable job performance.
13) Be a leader in customer service.
14) Work as a member of a TEAM, and Have Fun!!!
15) Conduct self in a professional manner.
18) Perform other duties as determined by the Director of Food and Beverage and the General Manager.
19) A strong desire and motivation to succeed in the sports and entertainment industry.
20) Must have superior organizational, time management, and communication skills.
21) Ability to work 70 home games including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
The Food and Beverage Intern will be a seasonal employee from February 15, 2014 – September 15, 2014 and will receive a monthly stipend of $500.00, as well as lodging in a house with four other JetHawks Interns. Rent will be provided by the Lancaster JetHawks.
All information in this document is superceded by the official 2014 Lancaster JetHawks Employee Manual and employee must refer to that document for further employment regulations. This document does not constitute a contract of employment nor does this change the status of employment from at will.
The undersigned has read and fully understood the job description stated above and agrees to abide by it and the 2014 Lancaster JetHawks Employee Manual during employment with the Lancaster JetHawks Professional Baseball Club.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the California League and its Teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ