» Database Manager - Stockton Ports (Stockton, CA)
» Future Notification Only - California League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
7th Inning Stretch, headed by C.E.O. Tom Volpe and President Pat Filippone, is recognized as one of the leading sports ownership firms in the country. Currently, 7th Inning Stretch owns and operates the Stockton Ports, Single-A Affiliate of the Oakland A’s, in the California League, the Delmarva Shorebirds, Single-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles in the South Atlantic League and the Everett AquaSox, Single-A Short Season Affiliate of the Seattle Mariners in the Northwest League. The Stockton Ports play at Banner Island Ballpark, a recently constructed downtown venue that has been praised for being one of the most cutting-edge ballparks in the country. 7th Inning stretch prides itself on building a stronger community, furthering the careers of its employees and creating a superior product both on and off the field.
Ticket Sales Account Executive
Start Date: January 6, 2015
This position will work under and report to: Director of Ticket Sales
The Ticket Sales Account Executive position requires an individual who is a self starter and can work in a fast paced environment. This individual must have a strong desire to cold call, attend sales meeting out of the office and cultivate new relationships from scratch, as well as maintain a high level of customer service with all clients. This position creates relationships over the phone, on meetings and during outside networking events.
• Contribute to the team growth in season ticket, partial season ticket and group ticket revenue.
• This position will spend 50% or greater of their time in an outside sales capacity meeting with prospective/renewal clients, attending networking events and giving ballpark tours prospective/renewal clients.
• Prospecting new customers, and maintaining solid relationships with current clients for renewal sales
• Meeting or exceeding weekly and seasonal sales goals
• Efficiently cold calling new potential prospects and consistently converting new prospects into clients
• Providing quality, professional customer service to new and existing accounts
• Conducting outside appointments with prospective clients
• Staffing ticket sales tables at outside events
• Cultivating relationships with current clients for referral leads
• Creatively developing new ways to boost attendance of the team
• Other duties as necessary
• Update the CRM system with call and meeting logs
• Complete and turn in weekly sales activity sheets
• Create and execute sales contracts through the company’s sales contract system
• Manage contracts to insure all element are being executed, processed and customer payments are being made per the contract
• Provide input and ideas on developing the teams promotional schedule, ticket sales theme nights and other areas of significance in the operation
Game Day Responsibilities:
• This position will direct the work of 2 or more game day employees in a particular game day area.
• This position will be involved or make recommendations as to hiring, firing, or change in employee status for the game day employees that you oversee
• Develop assigned game day employee schedules, manage labor hours and direct those employees to ensure the company objectives for the business are being met.
• Handle issues in the stands on game days to insure our guests have an enjoyable experience
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience is required
• Strong communication, listening skills, leadership qualities, planning and organizational skills
• Energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to take initiative and use independent judgment
• Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude at all times
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule (evenings and weekends)
• Experience with Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements: Extended hours of work between the months of March to September. Candidate must have the ability to handle stress in a fast paced environment.
Competitive Pay - Based on experience. Commission and bonus program based on direct sales efforts and department success. Health/Dental Insurance after first 60 days and 401K with company matching program.
7th Inning Stretch, headed by C.E.O. Tom Volpe and President Pat Filippone, is recognized as one of the leading sports ownership firms in the country. Currently, 7th Inning Stretch owns and operates the Stockton Ports, Single-A Affiliate of the Oakland A’s, in the California League, the Delmarva Shorebirds, Single-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles in the South Atlantic League and the Everett AquaSox, Single-A Short Season Affiliate of the Seattle Mariners in the Northwest League. 7th Inning stretch prides itself on building a stronger community, furthering the careers of its employees and creating a superior product both on and off the field.
Start Date: January 2015
Position Summary: This individual will coordinate all Database Management efforts for three premier Minor League Baseball teams – Stockton Ports, Delmarva Shorebirds and Everett AquaSox. This person will have the ultimate responsibility of increasing ticket sales for all three teams, via effective and creative use of the team’s current databases while also developing and implementing strategies to grow and enhance this portion of the company’s business.
1. Develop and implement a database marketing campaign that directly relates to an increase in ticket sales for the company. The efforts will be generally geared towards increasing internet ticket sales, walk-up sales and data mining leads lists to grow season ticket, mini-plan and group sales.
2. Oversee the team’s e-blast efforts assuring effective communication with all fans.
3. Provide expertise and recommendations of “best practices” in campaign development to optimize results for the company.
4. Work with the team’s ticketing and CRM systems to ensure integration and organization amongst all programs. This includes data cleansing and database entry.
5. Develop and enhance data capture methods to ensure growing database numbers year after year.
6. Manage databases; ensuring that marketable records are kept up-to-date, accurate, and usable.
7. Work with each staff to assist in various ticket sales campaigns.
8. Develop reporting functions to insure all campaigns are creating measurable results.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associate's degree plus two years full-time directly related work experience.
2. Two years of experience in database management and data analysis.
3. A proven track record of creating successful database marketing campaigns.
4. Proven experience with database marketing, customer segmentation and results analysis
5. Strong organization skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
6. Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
Competitive pay, based on experience. Commissions and/or bonuses available based on results of direct sales efforts. Health and Dental care coverage. 401k with employer match.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the California League and its Teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ