» Outside Sales Corporate Account Executive - Stockton Ports (Stockton, CA)
» Future Notification Only - California League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
404 West Fremont Street
Stockton, CA 95203
7th Inning Stretch, headed by C.E.O. Tom Volpe and President Pat Filippone, is recognized as one of the leading sports ownership firms in the country. Currently, 7th Inning Stretch owns and operates the Stockton Ports, Single-A Affiliate of the Oakland A’s, in the California League, the Delmarva Shorebirds, Single-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles in the South Atlantic League and the Everett AquaSox, Single-A Short Season Affiliate of the Seattle Mariners in the Northwest League. The Stockton Ports play at Banner Island Ballpark, a recently constructed downtown venue that has been praised for being one of the most cutting-edge ballparks in the country. 7th Inning stretch prides itself on building a stronger community, furthering the careers of its employees and creating a superior product both on and off the field.
Director of Group Sales
Start Date: February 1, 2015
This position will work under and report to: Director of Tickets
The Director of Group Sales position requires an individual who is a self starter and can work in a fast paced environment. This individual must have a strong desire to cold call, attend sales meeting out of the office and cultivate new relationships from scratch, as well as maintain a high level of customer service with all clients. This position creates relationships over the phone, on meetings and during outside networking events.
• Generate revenue selling season ticket packages and group outings, while managing additional sales staff
• Contribute to the team growth in group ticket sales through group outings, picnics, and fundraisers.
• Manage the overall team group sales effort including new and renewal sales Prospecting new customers, and maintaining solid relationships with current clients for renewal sales
• Meeting or exceeding weekly and seasonal sales goals
• Efficiently cold calling new potential prospects and consistently converting new prospects into clients
• Providing quality, professional customer service to new and existing accounts
• Conducting outside appointments with prospective clients
• Cultivating relationships with current clients for referral leads
• Creatively developing new ways to boost attendance of the team
• Other duties as necessary
• Provide accurate and timely reports regarding daily and weekly ticket sales, process daily deposits
• Handle ticket printing for the Group Sales department
• Update the CRM system with call and meeting logs
• Manage contracts to insure all element are being executed, processed and customer payments are being made per the contract
• Provide input and ideas on developing the teams promotional schedule, ticket sales theme nights and other areas of significance in the operation
Game Day Responsibilities:
• Oversee the group hospitality area during games
• This position will direct the work of 2 or more game day employees in a particular game day area.
• This position will be involved or make recommendations as to hiring, firing, or change in employee status for the game day employees that you oversee
• Develop assigned game day employee schedules, manage labor hours and direct those employees to ensure the company objectives for the business are being met.
• Handle issues in the stands on game days to insure our guests have an enjoyable experience
• At least one year groups sales experience
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience is required
• Strong communication, listening skills, leadership qualities, planning and organizational skills
• Energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to take initiative and use independent judgment
• Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude at all times
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule (evenings and weekends)
• Experience with Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements: Extended hours of work between the months of March to September. Candidate must have the ability to handle stress in a fast paced environment.
Competitive Pay - Based on experience. Commission and bonus program based on direct sales efforts and department success. Health/Dental Insurance after first 60 days and 401K with company matching program.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have at least 1 year of Group Sales experience?
1. Do you have at least 1 year of Group Sales experience?
Responsible for sales of Stockton Ports inventory, including:
- Corporate Partnerships
- Full Season Tickets
- Premium Seating
- Group Ticket Packages
- Team Events
- Other sales packages as developed
- Generating sales through cold calling, networking, and appointment setting
- Be an ambassador of Stockton Ports brand throughout Central Valley of California
- Meet and exceed established sales objectives
- Spend a majority of the time (at minimum, 50%) outside the office meeting with businesses, non-profit and other business to business opportunities.
- Learn and become functional in established CRM system
- Provide excellent customer service to all accounts
- Other duties as determined by the Director of Corporate Partnerships
- 5 year of sales experience required; Sports industry preferred
- Exceptional prospecting, presentation and selling skills
- Experience calling on major accounts and C level executives
- Extensive contacts in the Stockton business community or ability to generate contacts in a short time frame
- Team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High comfort level making cold calls and walk in appointments
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Have a proficient knowledge of computers
- Knowledge of CRM systems preferred
- Coachable with desire to learn more in an effort to make an impact with the team
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Sports Management, or related field
- Commission based position
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the California League and its Teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ